MPTUO1a: Unit 12 Study Guide
Week 16 / Unit 12
Review this study guide for Week 16 / Units 12 of the Introduction to Psychology course.
Unit 12 Study Guide
The following outline includes topics based on APA National Standards for the study of the treatment of psychological disorders. Use these standards as a checklist to make sure you’ve mastered this unit.
Psychological Disorder Treatment Study Guide
- Perspectives on treatment
- 1.1 Explain how psychological treatments have changed over time and among cultures.
- 1.2 Match methods of treatment to psychological perspectives.
- 1.3 Explain why psychologists use a variety of treatment options.
- Categories of treatment and types of treatment providers
- 2.1 Identify biomedical treatments.
- 2.2 Identify psychological treatments.
- 2.3 Describe appropriate treatments for different age groups.
- 2.4 Evaluate the efficacy of treatments for particular disorders.
- 2.5 Identify other factors that improve the efficacy of treatment.
- 2.6 Identify treatment providers for psychological disorders and the training required for each
- Legal, ethical, and professional issues in the treatment of psychological disorders
- 3.1 Identify ethical challenges involved in the delivery of treatment.
- 3.2 Identify national and local resources available to support individuals with psychological disorders and their families (e.g., NAMI and support groups).
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.