MPTUO1a: Unit 14 Study Guide
Week 18 / Unit 14
Review this study guide for Week 18 / Unit 14 of the Introduction to Psychology course.
Unit 14 Study Guide
The following outline includes topics based on APA National Standards for the study of health psychology and vocational applications in psychology. Use these standards as a checklist to make sure you’ve mastered this unit.
Health Psychology Study Guide
- Stress and coping
- 1.1 Define stress as a psychophysiological reaction.
- 1.2 Identify and explain potential sources of stress.
- 1.3 Explain physiological and psychological consequences for health.
- 1.4 Identify and explain physiological, cognitive, and behavioral strategies to deal with stress.
- Behaviors and attitudes that promote health
- 2.1 Identify ways to promote mental health and physical fitness.
- 2.2 Describe the characteristics of and factors that promote resilience and optimism.
- 2.3 Distinguish between effective and ineffective means of dealing with stressors and other health issues.
Vocational Applications Study Guide
- Career options
- 1.1 Identify careers in psychological science and practice.
- 1.2 Identify careers related to psychology.
- Educational Requirements
- 2.1 Identify degree requirements for psychologists and psychology-related careers.
- 2.2 Identify resources to help select psychology programs for further study.
- Vocational applications of psychological science
- 3.1 Discuss ways in which psychological science addresses domestic and global issues.
- 3.2 Identify careers in psychological science that have evolved as a result of domestic and global issues.
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.