MPTUO1a: Unit 7 Study Guide
Week 12 / Unit 7
Review this study guide for Week 12 / Unit 7 of the Introduction to Psychology course.
Unit 7 Study Guide
The following outline includes topics based on APA National Standards for the study of emotion and motivation. Use these standards as a checklist to make sure you’ve mastered this unit.
Emotion Study Guide
- Perspectives on emotion
- 1.1 Explain the biological and cognitive components of emotion.
- 1.2 Discuss psychological research on basic human emotions.
- 1.3 Differentiate among theories of emotional experience.
- Emotional interpretation and expression
- 2.1 Explain how biological factors influence emotional interpretation and expression.
- 2.2 Explain how culture and gender influence emotional interpretation and expression.
- 2.3 Explain how other environmental factors influence emotional interpretation and expression.
- Domains of emotional behavior
- 3.1 Identify biological and environmental influences on the expression and experience of negative emotions, such as fear.
- 3.2 Identify biological and environmental influences on the expression and experience of positive emotions, such as happiness.
Motivation Study Guide
- Perspectives on motivation
- 1.1 Explain biologically based theories of motivation.
- 1.2 Explain cognitively based theories of motivation.
- 1.3 Explain humanistic theories of motivation.
- 1.4 Explain the role of culture in human motivation.
- Domains of motivated behavior in humans and non-human animals
- 2.1 Discuss eating behavior.
- 2.2 Discuss sexual behavior and orientation.
- 2.3 Discuss achievement motivation.
- 2.4 Discuss other ways in which humans and non-human animals are motivated.
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.
THIS WORK IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-NODERIVATIVES 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE. CONTACT MY PSYCH TEACHER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY PSYCH TEACHER UNIVERSITY ONLINE (MPTU). IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE COURSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, WE CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE THAT WE HAVE A TEACHER FOR YOU. YOU CAN NOW SUGGEST A NEW COURSE.
IMAGE SOURCE: “Pixabay on Pexels.com.”
© MY PSYCH TEACHER UNIVERSITY, A DIVISION OF MY PSYCH TEACHER LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.