MPTUO1a: Unit 8 Study Guide
Week 13 / Unit 8
Review this study guide for Week 13 / Unit 8 of the Introduction to Psychology course.
Unit 8 Study Guide
The following outline includes topics based on APA National Standards for the study of personality. Use these standards as a checklist to make sure you’ve mastered this unit.
Personality Study Guide
- Perspectives on personality
- 1.1 Evaluate psychodynamic theories.
- 1.2 Evaluate trait theories.
- 1.3 Evaluate humanistic theories.
- 1.4 Evaluate social-cognitive theories.
- Assessment of personality
- 2.1 Differentiate personality assessment techniques.
- 2.2 Discuss the reliability and validity of personality assessment techniques.
- Issues in personality
- 3.1 Discuss biological and situational influences.
- 3.2 Discuss stability and change.
- 3.3 Discuss connections to health and work.
- 3.4 Discuss self-concept.
- 3.5 Analyze how individualistic and collectivistic cultural perspectives relate to personality.
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.