MPTUO1a: Introduction to Psychology – Fall 2020
Week 14 / Unit 9: Abnormal Psychology
- Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology, Part One: Defining Abnormal Behavior in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
- Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology, Part Two: Psychoses, Affective Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
- Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology, Part Three: Neurodevelopmental Disorders in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
- Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology, Part Four: Somatic, Dissociative, and Personality Disorders in Psychology: An Introduction by Russell A. Dewey, PhD 
Perspectives on abnormal behavior
- 1.1 Define psychologically abnormal behavior.
- 1.2 Describe historical and cross-cultural views of abnormality.
- 1.3 Describe major models of abnormality.
- 1.4 Discuss how stigma relates to abnormal behavior.
- 1.5 Discuss the impact of psychological disorders on the individual, family, and society.
Categories of psychological disorders
- 2.1 Describe the classification of psychological disorders.
- 2.2 Discuss the challenges associated with a diagnosis.
- 2.3 Describe symptoms and causes of major categories of psychological disorders (including schizophrenia, mood, anxiety, and personality disorders).
- 2.4 Evaluate how different factors influence an individual’s experience of psychological disorders.
Major Assignments and Deadlines
- Abnormal Psychology. (n.d.) In Wikipedia. Retrieved June 18, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_psychology
- Dewey, Dr. Russell A. (2017). Psychology: An Introduction. Psych Web. https://www.psywww.com/intropsych/
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.
Image Source: Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Contact My Psych Teacher for more information.
© My Psych Teacher. All Rights Reserved.