MPTUO1a: Unit 9 Study Guide
Week 14 / Unit 9
Review this study guide for Week 14 / Unit 9 of the Introduction to Psychology course.
Unit 9 Study Guide
The following outline includes topics based on APA National Standards for the study of psychological disorders. Use these standards as a checklist to make sure you’ve mastered this unit.
Abnormal Psychology Study Guide
- Perspectives on abnormal behavior
- 1.1 Define psychologically abnormal behavior.
- 1.2 Describe historical and cross-cultural views of abnormality.
- 1.3 Describe major models of abnormality.
- 1.4 Discuss how stigma relates to abnormal behavior.
- 1.5 Discuss the impact of psychological disorders on the individual, family, and society.
- Categories of psychological disorders
- 2.1 Describe the classification of psychological disorders.
- 2.2 Discuss the challenges associated with a diagnosis.
- 2.3 Describe symptoms and causes of major categories of psychological disorders (including schizophrenia, mood, anxiety, and personality disorders).
- 2.4 Evaluate how different factors influence an individual’s experience of psychological disorders.
- The American Psychological Association’s Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (APA TOPSS) course template.